The mill of the Pave is a former flour mill supplied with water from the village canal.
The origin of this mill dates back to the fourteenth century. The word Pave originated from the Catalan word "
In order to transform their cereals, which they produced in the fields, into flour, the inhabitants had the use of 5 mills (Including this one, two near the Côte
The mill had a horizontal wheel at the base, which was powered by water, to which was attached a vertical shaft that turned the wheel that crushed the grains. For information, oil mills have a vertical wheel.
The Mill of the Pave continued to operate until the end of the nineteenth century. It was inhabited until 1942 and then fell into ruins. Later it became a village property and was restored in 2006 by volunteers of the Laroque Heritage Association in partnership with the municipality. A new roof strengthened the building and prevented further leaks.